- The ability of International Standards to ensure and instill confidence has...
- New ISO/ITC handbook/CD package puts ISO 14001 within easier reach of SM...
- In fulfilling Sri Lanka's obligations under WTO Agreement, the WTOEnquiry ...
- After grading and packing the consignment in accordance with SLS 405: S...
The Systems Certification function of SLSI plays a vital role in promoting quality Assurance activities in all sectors of the economy and operates the following certification schemes.
|Quality Management System||(ISO 9001)|
|Environmental Management System||(ISO 14001)|
|HACCP and Food Safety management System||(ISO 22000)|
|Occupational Health & Safety Scheme||
Procedure to Obtain Certification
|Pre-certification||Apply for certification|
|SLSI Report/ Improvement on pre-assessment questionnaire|
|Adequacy audit on quality manual|
|Make improvements to the system|
|Conduct stage I audit|
|Make improvements to the system|
|Conduct stage II audit|
Publicly available statement
SLSI understands the importance of impartiality in carrying out its management system certification activities, manages conflict of interests and ensures the objectivity of its management system certification activities.
Complaints Handling Progress_of_Management Systems Certifications of SLSI
- Complaints from any client or any other party relevant to the management systems certification activities are accepted by SLSI.
- After receiving any complaint, it is registered in the complaints register and acknowledge the complainant.
- Complaint is investigated and prepared a report. This may involve a visit to the certificate holder and complainant.
- If the results of the complaint is a recommendation for suspension or cancellation of the certificate, report will be submitted the Director General for recommendation and approval.
- The results of complaint shall be communicated to both complainant and the client involved.
- Ensure to complete any customer complaint investigation cycle within one month.
PROCEDURE FOR APPEALS OF MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS CERTIFICATIONS OF SLSI
Any inquiry or request to appeal is received, the standard appeals form; shall be sent to the appellant. Once an appeal is received in the standard appeal form, register the appeal and acknowledge it. If the appeal is within the scope of the Management Systems Certification Scheme.
If the appeal is not within the scope of the Management Systems Certification Scheme, Director (Systems Certification) shall reject it and notify the appellant.
Director (Systems Certification) shall forward the appeal form to Director General along with the covering note.
Director General shall review the appeal details and recommend to the Council to appoint an impartial appeal committee
Director General shall then inform the appellant the constitution of the particular appeal committee date, time and place for the session.
Director General and the Council have the right to consider the reasons for objections made and to decide whether or not to accept them and amend the constitution of the committee.
The session will be held within 30 working days and both appellant and the appeal committee have the right to avail themselves of assistance from witnesses, provided that the names and address of the witnesses have been supplied in writing to the appeal committee or to the applicant.
The decision shall be notified to the parties concerned in writing.
The Director General shall determine the cost of conducting the appeal.
In case the appeal is unsuccessful, the appellant is obliged to pay the cost.
The decision of the appeal committee is final and conclusive.
All details pertaining to appeals are maintained in the appeals register.
All appeals shall be completed within two months period.
- Standards Development
- Information services
- Laboratory Services
- Product certification
- Systems certification
- Quality Systems Certification Scheme (ISO 9001)
- Environmental Management System (ISO 14001)
- HACCP and Food safety management Scheme (ISO 22000)
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Occupational Health & Safety Scheme (OHSAS 18001)
- Energy Management
- SA 8000
- Super Market Management
- Organic Certification
- Search for Systems Certified Companies
- Sri Lanka National Quality Awards
- Import inspection
- WTO Enquiry Point